On Saturday 14th Feb 2015 the Mayor of Upper Hutt Mr Wayne Guppy presented SFF Steve Biddle with his Long Service Good Conduct medal representing 14 years of service to the NZFS.
Firecalls for March 2015. A slow month to date.
* 6th Mar: Apartment Fire Mulgrave Street, Wellington
* 14th Mar: Flat fire Stephen Street, Upper Hutt
Feburary was a busy month relatively speaking for the unit. Here are the firecalls the unit attended during the month.
* 10th Feb: House fire in Normandale
* 20th Feb: Scrub Fire Wallaceville Hill
* 21st Feb: Business Fire Park Street, Upper Hutt
* 25th Feb: Domestic Flooding Marlborough Street, Upper Hutt
* 27th Feb: House Fire Mandel Mews, Lower Hutt
On Saturday the 14th Feb 2015 the unit recognised the valuable contribution made by member's employers. Employer Recognition certificates were presented to business representatives by the NZ Fire Service Area Manager for the Hutt Wairarapa region AM Gavin Dunphy.
Members and invited guests celebrated with afternoon tea provided by the NZFS.
Participating employers are offered benefits such as having their brand displayed on fire service vehicles as a public acknowledgement of their support and the use of the Fire Service Employer Programme in their own advertising.
Participating employers and representatives of Hutt Wairarapa Operational Support members were presented with certificates which can also be displayed in a prominent area of the workplace for public and colleagues to view.
Companies, employers or businesses recognised include:
- Safeworx Wellington Ltd
- Inland Revenue
- NZ Wireless
- Kiwi Rail Passenger
- Traffic Management NZ Ltd
- Department of Conservation
- Hutt & City Taxi Ltd
|HVFS members with their employers and co-owners of businesses with RIMU 4928 displaying the newly unveiled employer recognition decals|
Images courtesy of SFF Alex Roberts